What are the best Spices for Salmon?
Salmon is certainly one of those dishes that is cooked in several different ways. It is served with rice, pasta, or made into a salad. Either way, this is an easy dish to cook and does not need so much of your time to make it delicious.
Many people only season their salmon with simply a touch of salt and pepper. However, if you wish to add that “zing”, aroma, and flavor, you will need to use spices and herbs. If you are just starting out on your spice journey, rubbing the salmon with some lemon pepper, cayenne pepper and salt will give it plenty of flavors.
Salmon Steaks taste delicious with a lot of different herbs which can be rubbed all over the salmon with a hint of salt and pepper and olive oil.
The best herbs that pair well with salmon include.
- Sage – This is a favorite of mine and is ideal for salmon stews and salmon stuffing.
- Parsley- An ideal spice/herb when making baked salmon, finish it off by squeezing a lemon all over the salmon once cooked.
- Tarragon – This spice has an Anise flavor and brings out the best flavors in stews.
- Fennel – Fennel has a sweet flavor and will add freshness to your salmon if used as a spice.
- Dill – Goes well with salmon recipes that incorporate a butter sauce.
- Rosemary – A terrific addition to grilled salmon.
- Thyme – Another earthy spice that is great in salmon stews.
Other Spices that can be used to add extra flavor to your salmon dish include.
- Garlic powder
- Ginger Powder
- 1 tablespoon of Sea salt
- Brown sugar
You can combine all these spices to make one Spice seasoning for all your salmon dishes. To do this, follow the instructions below.
- Place all ingredients for the salmon seasoning into a large glass container or mason jar.
- Then, stir the spices together to create your rub.
- Seal jar and store in a dry, cool place.
Store your new spice blend in your cupboard and keep it on hand for making Pan fried salmon, air fryer salmon or salmon, and rice bowls.
Go ahead! Experiment, be creative, and create flavorful salmon dishes by adding a bit of Spice.
For the love of everything Spicy.